The answer of course is yes.
With big purchase retail items like cars, the customer journey begins long before they reach the showroom. Potential customers are well aware of what is available to them, often before they’re even considering buying, and they typically have a good sense of the meaning of the brand because of their exposure to them.
Consumers are having conversations about these brands through platforms such as social media and online reviews. According to sources cited in the infographic below:
- 38% say they will consult social media in making a vehicle purchase decision
- 23% of car buyers say they have used social media to communicate their purchase experience
- 84% of automotive shoppers are on Facebook and 24% of them have used Facebook as a resource for making their vehicle purchase
- Clicks on auto ads on Facebook climbed from 16% to 39% between October 2012 and April 2013
- 40% of new vehicle purchases will be made by Millennials over the next 10 years
- 94% of Millennials gather information online
Click on the image below to download the entire infographic in PDF, courtesy of Woodstock Motors UK.
Ryan is a creative, resourceful, and resilient B2B sales and marketing technologist who works with people and businesses on a variety of levels to help elevate their game, their brand, and their businesses. Text ‘autoconversion’ to 555888 to opt in and receive text communications from Ryan @ AutoConversion.