Are you looking for the best car seat for jeep compass? We have selected the 6 best car seats for you. Read the reviews and learn about what you need to be looking out for.
Jeep Compass is a five-door compact SUV. You can guess its popularity with about half a million jeep compass sold in the last four years in America only. My husband and I bought a Jeep compass just last year.
Car seats are essential when you go out for a ride with kids. In America, a car crash is one of the leading causes of death in children. While driving with a child, you must secure them safely in a car seat.
We have two kids, and over the last few months, we have tried and tested several different car seats to find out what works better with our jeep compass.
Based on several factors and my own experience with my kids, I have reviewed the six best car seats for jeep compass.
The first thing I look at in a car seat is how safe it is for my child. The car seat must pass the standard for minimum security requirements set by the American government.
Car crashes mostly happen with side collisions. Therefore, I looked for a car seat that offers side impact protection. An easily adjusted car seat also provides better safety by securing your child tightly to the car seat.
Another important thing I looked at in a car seat is its material, as it helps determine its safety and durability. I looked for a steel core that would better support the whole frame. Aluminum reinforced sides offer protection against impact in case of a crash. The foam padding in the car seat provides comfort and safety.
I prefer a car seat with a removable outer cover, which makes cleaning the seat easy. On the outer side, I preferred polyester or mesh fabric. Mesh offers breathability so that my kids don’t get too hot, and the polyester fabric is stain resistant which makes the seat easier to maintain.
Installation of a car seat is tricky for new moms and dads. An infant car seat has a base that you can fix in the car, and the seat comes out for carrying babies. A convertible and booster seat comes with a latch system that attaches to the seat belt’s latch. Depending on your car type, installing a car seat can be difficult. However, I didn’t have any trouble with any car seats on my jeep compass.
Since we have two kids of different ages, I was looking for a car seat that I could adjust depending upon their height and weight. The car seats that are easily adjustable without needing reinstallation or rethreading should be your top choice for growing kids. The harness and headrest are two main parts to adjust to suit your kids’ growth.
Type Of Car Seat
Depending upon your child’s age, you can find three different types of car seats.
- Infant Car Seats: As clear from the name, these car seats are best suitable for infants and children within the weight limit of the car seat. These seats are rear-facing. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recommend that just born babies and toddlers be secured in a car facing backward for as long as possible.
- Convertible Car Seats: if you don’t want to waste money buying car seats when your child grows out of them, then a convertible car seat would be the best option. These are suitable for kids of every age, from infants to older kids. To adapt to your child’s age and weight, you can convert these car seats from rear-facing to forward-facing.
- Booster Car Seats: Booster car seats give a height rise to a child to bring them to an optimum height to use shoulder and lap belts. Depending on your need, you can use these car seats for kids aged four years and up.
The weight limit of a car seat is also an essential factor to consider. A bigger car seat would offer vetter comfort to your kid, but even some narrow seats are comfortable depending on their design.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you fit three car seats in a Jeep Compass?
No, you can not fit three car seats in a Jeep Compass. A jeep compass is a compact SUV that does not have enough room in the back seat to fit three car seats. However, there is ample space to fit two car seats with easy to access latch to connect the car seats. Fitting a booster car seat in a jeep compass requires much work.
What can you fit in the back of a Jeep Compass?
The back of the Jeep Compass has plenty of room with a space of 27.2 cubic feet. You can easily carry groceries and travel bags in the back of a jeep compass. If you are traveling solo or with a partner, you can fold the back seats, which will double your cargo space.
Can you install a car seat in the middle seat?
Yes, you can install a car seat in the middle seat of your car. One of the best places to put a car seat is in the middle seat. Installing a car seat in the middle allows you to watch your child. The best part about installing a car seat in the middle is that it minimizes the risk in case of a car crash.
Does Jeep Compass have Isofix?
Yes, Jeep Compass has Isofix lashing points. You can use these points to secure a child car seat to your jeep compass.
The 6 Best Car Seat For Jeep Compass
#1 Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seat
- Safety: 9.5/10
- Material: 9.2/10
- Installation: 9.3/10
- Adjustability: 9/10
- Seat Type: 9.1/10
- Other Features: 9.2/10
- Seat Type: Convertible
- Material: Alloy steel, polyester
- Installation type: Latch
- Maximum Load: 4 – 100 pounds
- Age Suitability: Up to 10 – 12 years
- Dimensions: 20.75 x 19 x 24.5 inches
- Seat Weight: 20.6 pounds
- It is ProtectPlus engineered, which offers optimum safety to your kid.
- This car seat has extra leg sauce for your kid to ride rear-facing for a longer duration.
- This car seat is easy to set with latch connectors.
- The removable outer cover makes the car seat easy to clean.
- The ten position headrest and harness allow the proper fit for your growing child.
- Some people complain of having trouble tightening the straps.
This Graco Extend2Fit car seat is the best car seat for Jeep Compass, which comes with extra leg space and allows your kid to ride in rear-facing mode for an extra-long time.
- Safety: This car seat is ProtectPlus Engineered, ensuring that your child is safe during side, rear, frontal, and rollover crashes. It involves putting the car seat through rigorous car crash tests to ensure optimum safety for your child.
- Material: The alloy steel core makes this car seat super strong, keeping your child safe in case of a car crash. The polyester outer fabric is stain-resistant and easy to clean. The mesh fabric allows airflow, which makes the seat breathable.
- Installation: The installation of this car seat was easy for me with the InRight Latch system. All I needed to do was attach the latch on the Isofix connectors in the back seat of my jeep compass.
- Adjustability: you can easily adjust the seat between forward and rear-facing with the easy-to-remove latch system. The car seat also has a ten-position harness and headrest adjustment to suit your child’s growth.
- Type: It is an infant, convertible, and a booster car seat is, one which you can use for kids up to 10 to 12 years of age. The rear-facing mode allows extra legroom for your kid to keep riding backward for a long time.
- Other Features: This car seat features a six-position recline for your baby to be comfortable through their ride.
#2 Graco SlimFit3 LX Car Seat
- Safety: 9/10
- Material: 8.9/10
- Installation: 9.1/10
- Adjustability: 8.8/10
- Seat Type: 9.2/10
- Other Features: 9/10
- Seat Type: Convertible and Booster
- Material: Foam, Alloy Steel, Polyester
- Installation type: Seat Belt, Latch system
- Maximum Load: 5 – 100 pounds
- Age Suitability: Up to 10 – 12 years
- Dimensions: 20.7 x 16.7 x 24.5 inches
- Seat Weight: 19.2 pounds
- ProtectPlus Engineered to ensure that your child is safe during a car crash.
- The high-strength alloy steel frame offers proper support to your kid.
- It is a three-in-one car seat for infants, toddlers, and older kids.
- The rapid removable cover allows you to clean the seat easily.
- The adjustable harness doesn’t require any rethreading.
- Some people complained that the seat made their kids feel hot.
Graco’s car seat is another best option for a jeep compass for families with multiple kids. Its narrow design allows you to fit three of these car seats in the back of your jeep compass.
- Safety: This car seat is also ProtectPlus Engineered. It involves putting the car seat through rigorous car crash tests to ensure optimum safety for your child.
- Material: The alloy steel frame of this car seat makes it sturdy, and the foam material keeps your child comfortable throughout the ride. The mesh fabric at the top allows airflow. The removable outer cover is easy to clean.
- Installation: I found installing the car seat super easy with a simple latch and seatbelt connectors. The weight of the car seat was not an issue for me, and I could do the installation on my own.
- Adjustability: This car seat is easy to adjust with a ten-position headrest and harness. The easy latch connect system allows you to easily remove and reinstall this car seat for changing modes.
- Type: This is an infant, convertible, and booster car seat. You can use this car seat for your child, weighing anywhere from 5 pounds to 100 pounds. For infants, you can use this car seat in rear-facing mode and front-facing for toddlers. For older kids, use this seat as a booster.
- Other Features: This car seat has a narrow design which means you can fit three of these in the back of your jeep compass.
#3 Chicco NextFit Zip Convertible Car Seat
- Safety: 8.8/10
- Material: 8.6/10
- Installation: 8.9/10
- Adjustability: 8.6/10
- Seat Type: 8.8/10
- Other Features: 8.5/10
- Seat Type: Convertible
- Material: Steel, EPS foam
- Installation type: Seat Belt, Latch
- Maximum Load: 5 – 65 pounds
- Age Suitability: Up to 8 years
- Dimensions: 21 x 19 x 29.2 inches
- Seat Weight: 25.1 pounds
- It offers better protection to your kid’s head and body in case of a crash.
- It has energy-absorbing EPS foam.
- The installation is simple.
- You can easily switch between modes with an easy-to-release latch.
- The outer cover is removable and safe for machine wash.
- It is not travel-friendly with its bulky size and heavyweight.
This car seat offers optimum safety to your child with its superior DuoGuard mechanism.
- Safety: This car seat has a superior DuoGuard, a deep rigid shell that offers support to a kid’s head and body. The high-strength frame of this car seat provides additional safety.
- Material: The steel frame of this car seat makes it super strong. The EPS foam helps absorb crash energy and keeps your child safe from any impact.
- Installation: It is easy to install the car seat, but with the seat being heavy, it is better to get help from your partner. The LockSure belt-locking system and SuperCinch force-multiplying tightener make it easy to achieve a tight fit.
- Adjustability: The five-point harness makes it easy to adjust the fit of this car seat according to your child’s size. You can easily transition between rear and front-facing modes with the click of the release of the latch.
- Type: it is a convertible car seat that you can use in rear-facing mode for infants up to 40 pounds. You can use this car seat in the forward-facing mode for a toddler up to 8 years of age or a max 65 pounds of weight.
- Other Features: The car seat comes with a cup holder to keep some of your child’s snacks.
#4 Britax One4Life ClickTight Car Seat
- Safety: 8.3/10
- Material: 8.5/10
- Installation: 8.4/10
- Adjustability: 8.1/10
- Seat Type: 8/10
- Other Features: 8.2/10
- Seat Type: Infant, Convertible, Booster
- Material: Alloy steel, Polyester, Foam
- Installation type: ClickTight Installation
- Maximum Load: 5 – 120 pounds
- Age Suitability: Up to 10 years
- Dimensions: 20.5 x 19.5 x 25 inches
- Seat Weight: 30 pounds
- Depending on your child’s age, you can use this car seat as an infant, convertible, or booster seat.
- It has double side impact protection.
- The three-step chickTight installation makes the process easy and fast.
- The mesh fabric and cooling channels allow proper airflow.
- The reinforced steel frame is durable.
- The price of this car seat is very high.
This car seat comes with the highest level of safety with its two-layer side impact protection. It ensures that your kid’s head, neck, and torso are safe if your car’s ever in a car crash.
- Safety: One of the best parts about this car seat is its double-layer side impact protection. It protects your child’s neck, head, and torso if you are in a car crash. It comes with Britax’s patented v-shaped tether and crumples zone, which absorbs all the crash energy to lessen the impact on your child and keep them safe.
- Material: The alloy steel reinforced frame is super strong and holds the seat in place even during a car crash. The foam material keeps your child comfortable throughout the ride, and the mesh fabric on top allows breathability. The removable outer cover makes the car seat easy to clean.
- Installation: The three-step click-tight installation technology of the Britax makes it easy to install the car seat. However, the car seat is too heavy for a single person to pick up and install, so you need some help.
- Adjustability: This car seat has 15 different positions for adjusting the headrest and the harness to fit your child throughout their growth phase.
- Type: This is an all-in-one car seat suitable for a kid up to 10 years of age. You can use this car seat in rear-facing mode for infants, a forward-facing mode for toddlers, and a booster seat for older kids.
- Other Features: the armrest in this car seat enhances your child’s comfort level. The cooling channels allow airflow to keep your child cool and comfortable.
#5 Cosco Finale Dx Combination Booster Car Seat
- Safety: 8.1/10
- Material: 7.9/10
- Installation: 8/10
- Adjustability: 8.2/10
- Seat Type: 7.8/10
- Other Features: 8.1/10
- Seat Type: Booster
- Material: Foam and Fabric
- Installation type: Strap
- Maximum Load: 30 – 100 pounds
- Age Suitability: 6 – 10 years
- Dimensions: 18.25 x 19 x 29.75 inches
- Seat Weight: 11.5 pounds
- It has a narrow design, and you can fit up to three car seats in the back seat.
- The cup holder is an excellent addition to storing your kids’ snacks.
- It meets the federal car seat safety standard.
- You can use this car seat in forward-facing mode and booster mode.
- It comes with a removable cover which is easy to clean.
- The cost is less.
- While I had no trouble using this car seat, some people complained of tears in fabrics after a few weeks.
This car seat is the best choice for families with multiple kids. Its narrower design makes it easy to fit up to three car seats in the back seat of most cars.
- Safety: This car seat meets the federal safety standard, FMVSS 213, making it safe to use with your kids. However, it doesn’t have side impact protection, so it is better to use this car seat in the middle of your jeep compass back seat.
- Material: The car seat is made of foam material, making it soft and comfortable to sit upon. The top fabric is breathable and feels comfortable against your child’s skin. If your kid likes to make a mess in the car, as mine does, this car seat has a removable cover that you can wash and dry in the machine.
- Installation: This car seat is incredibly lightweight, making it easy to install on our own. The strap mechanism is easy to connect, and you will have a secured car seat within no time.
- Adjustability: The car seat comes with two different modes, a harness, and a seat belt. For younger kids, use the five-point harness to secure your child to the car seat, and for old kids, remove the harness and use the seat belt in your car to ensure them.
- Type: This is a booster car seat suitable for toddlers and older kids. Since the car seat has a harness, you can quickly put your younger kids weighing 30 to 65 pounds into this car seat. For kids weighing 40 to 100 pounds, you can use seat belts.
- Other Features: This car seat has a narrow design, making it easy to fit three of these in most cars.
#6 Safety 1st Jive Convertible Car Seat
- Safety: 7.8/10
- Material: 7.7/10
- Installation: 7.5/10
- Adjustability: 7.8/10
- Seat Type: 7.6/10
- Other Features: 7.4/10
- Seat Type: Convertible
- Material: Stainless steel, Foam, Polyester
- Installation type: Latch
- Maximum Load: 5 – 65 pounds
- Age Suitability: Up to 8 years
- Dimensions: 29.75 x 18.13 x 16.25 inches
- Seat Weight: 14.5 pounds
- The car seat is lightweight and easy to install.
- It has five different heights and three buckle settings to fit your child.
- The car seat has a machine washable cover, making it easy to clean the mess.
- The removable head and body pillow allows extra room when your kid grows.
- A convertible seat is a one-time investment for your kids till they reach an older age.
- It is difficult to use this seat in rear-facing mode.
This car seat from Safety 1st is an excellent choice for someone who has three kids, all under eight. Since the car seat has a narrow design, you can fit three of these in the back seat of your jeep compass.
- Safety: This car seat from Safety 1st meets the safety standard set by the government. The side impact protection in this protects your child in case of a car crash.
- Material: The steel frame of this car seat is strong enough to hold its own even in a car crash. The foam material is soft for your child to sit on, and the removable outer cover is safe to wash in the machine and dryer.
- Installation: I found the installation of this seat to be relatively easy with its lightweight design. I connected the latch on the Isofix points to secure the car seat in place.
- Adjustability: Since the car seat is convertible, it has an easy-to-adjust design. You can easily switch between rear and front-facing modes as per your kid’s age. The five-point harness has three different buckle settings and five height settings to fit your growing child.
- Type: This car seat is a convertible car seat suitable for infants and toddlers up to eight years. I used this car seat in rear-facing mode for my younger one and the front-facing mode for my older one.
- Other Features: One of the best parts about this car seat is carrying it with you on an airplane. I found the narrow design of this car seat to be beneficial as it means I can fit 3 of these in the back of my Jeep Compass.
Choosing a car seat for your kid is not an easy task, with your child’s safety at stake. As a mother of two and having a jeep compass, I have spent the past few months trying every car seat possible. Considering several factors like the safety, ease of installation, material, and the type of car seat, I have reviewed the six best car seats for jeep compass.
However, if I have to summarize, Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Car Seatwould be my best choice as it offers safety to my child, but the seat is also very comfortable. On top of it, the seat was easy to install, and even with regular use, it is holding pretty well.
My second favorite would be Graco SlimFit3 LX Car Seat. It is a very sturdy car seat with a narrow design, making it possible to fit three of these in the back seat.
Car seats can be costly, and if you are looking for a budget option that does not compromise your kid’s safety, then Cosco Finale Dx Combination Booster Car Seat would be my best choice. It has a narrow design, and you can fit three of these in the back seat of your jeep compass.
You might also like to read: When Do You Remove An Infant Insert From Car Seat? and 6 Best Car Seat For VW T5