Are you looking for the best car seat for Q5? Here is a comprehensive list of things to look out for, answers to some common questions, and of course our in-depth reviews of the top 5 options in the market.
A road trip with our family is all we want to shed those weeks’ tension and tiredness. It’s not a task to plan a road trip with your partner, but the scenario changes as soon as you have kids. When you have toddlers, you need to plan to have the happiest time with them.
I am a mother of two kids. One is two years old, the other is four, and I own an Audi Q5. The car is a compact SUV with the most comfortable, reliable, and safe choice for my family. It is perfect for a family with kids, as it offers a complete balance between fun and safety.
After my second kid, I was planning a road trip for the first time and hence needed the safest and the most comfortable car seat, which could easily fit in my Audi Q5. My search landed me in some of the best car seats available in the market. I have listed them all here. I have also included:
- What to look for in a car seat for your Audi Q5.
- In-depth reviews of each car seat with technical specs, features, and pros and cons
- Answers to some questions that you may have
Let’s get right to it then, shall we!
5 Things To Look Before You Buy A Car Seat For Your Audi Q5
We install car seats in our cars for our kids’ safety and to abide by the laws. Hence all the seats must meet the safety criteria and be able to save the kids even during high impact. Hence the seats that I have on my list all meet the safety criteria of the US road safety laws.
The material of the seat must be durable and long-lasting and stay intact even during high impact. Hence I have all the seats on my list comprising high-grade metals and plastic. Also, the upholstery material is quite durable and will stay in shape for years.
This feature predominantly determines whether your child will feel comfortable in the seat or not. Hence you must have all the adjustable elements in the car seat, such as an adjustable harness, adjustable headrest, multi-position reclining, and adjustable as per the kids’ age. All the car seats on my list have all these adjustable features and ensure enhanced comfort for your child.
Before you install a car seat in your Audi Q5, you must make sure that the seat fits in the car perfectly. If the seat does not fit properly, a mishap can occur even due to a small impact. Hence take a seat that fits your Q5. Also, the size of the seat must be perfect to suit kids of the specified age. If the seat is for a toddler, it should fit a toddler perfectly. Hence all the seats in my list are true to their size and fit in a Q5 perfectly.
#5. Other features
The seats here have additional features that make the car seat the best car seat for Audi Q5. Other features such as cup holders, removable and easy to clean covers and inserts, and extra padding add to the kids’ comfort. Hence you mustn’t overlook these features.
You might like to read: 7 Best Convertible Car Seat For Jeep Wrangler
5 Questions About Audi Q5 Car Seats Whose Answers You Didn’t Know
#1. Can Audi Q5 fit a car seat?
Yes, an Audi Q5 can easily fit a car seat. If you use a sleek and compact car seat such as Cosco and Evenflo, you can install three seats at the rear. And if the seat is wide like Britax or Graco, you can install 2 of them quickly.
#2. Can you fit three car seats in an Audi Q5?
If you go for a compact car seat such as Cosco and Evenflo, you can easily fit three car seats in your Audi Q5.
#3. Does Uppababy Mesa fit in an Audi Q5?
Yes, Uppababy Mesa easily fits in an Audi Q5. However, you will have to go through the instruction manual properly and see a few videos on YouTube to understand better.
#4. Does Audi Q5 have 3 Isofix points?
Yes, indeed it does. It has three Isofix points – one in the front seat and two in the rear row of seats. The rear seat and cabin are quite spacious, so it’s not hard to fit in two car seats in the back row.
#5. What is ISOFIX?
ISOFIX is the world standard for fixing car seats in a car. You basically affix the base or your car seat or the seat itself to two clips of metal that the car will have built into the seat. You don’t need to fix the car seats using seat belts, which can be a bit unsafe and a choking hazard for your child if done improperly.
You might like to read: When Do You Remove An Infant Insert From Car Seat?
Best Car Seat For Q5: Our Top 5 Picks
#1 Graco 3 In 1 Harness Booster Seat
- Safety: 9.9/10
- Material: 9.8/10
- Adjustability: 9.9/10
- Size: 9.7/10
- Other features: 9.6/10
- Material: Plastic, polyester, and metal
- Size: 19 x 17.4 x 26.5 inches (L x W x H)
- Orientation: Forward Facing
- Seat Type: Harness and Booster seat
- Weight capacity: 22 to 100 pounds
The seat comes with some fantastic adjustable features to look upon. First of all, the seat is suitable for kids from toddlers to youth. Accordingly, it supports the weight also. The headrest is adjustable in 8 positions for added comfort for long drives. Lastly, the 3-in-1 harness booster is also flexible as your child grows. These adjustable features make it the best car seat for Q5 for my little ones.
- The seat can support a maximum of 100 pounds of weight.
- The 3-in-1 booster, i.e., harness booster, high back belt-positioning booster, and the backless belt-positioning booster, makes it perfect for toddlers to adults.
- It’s easy to adjust the harness and headrest as it uses no-rethread.
- The headrest is adjustable in 8 comfortable positions.
- The harness covers, seat pad, and body support are machine washable.
- It is portable and lightweight.
- It comes with two cup holders that are easy to clean.
- The seat has undergone the most rigorous crash test to ensure your little ones’ safety.
- The seat is pretty broad. Hence an adult can’t sit at the rear if you have installed two seats at the back.
- Some users complained they had difficulty installing the seat, while I faced no such problem.
Features In Detail
- Safety: My kids’ safety was my top priority when purchasing car seats. I liked the fact that this car seat was ProtectPlus engineered. This means that it has been tried and tested and undergone the most rigorous crash test before being put up on the market. Also, it met the US FMVSS 213 frontal car crash criteria. Hence, I was very confident before I headed to buy this seat for my kids.
- Material: The seat comprises some of the most rigid materials that are not easily breakable. The frame consists of metal, and the body includes a plastic material. The upholstery consists of pretty breathable polyester material, and hence besides keeping my kids safe, it also ensures their comfort.
- Adjustability: The seat comes with all the adjustable features. The headrest can be adjusted in 8 comfortable positions. The seat size can be adjusted from toddlers to adults. The flexible features kept the kids comfortable throughout the journey.
- Size: The size of the seat is perfect to fit in an Audi Q5. The seats are pretty wide; hence, they are suitable for your adult child. Also, the backrest is pretty high, which offers all-over comfort. My elder one could sit in it comfortably for the long drives, and the little one had no issues either.
- Other features: The seat comes with two cup holders, and the seat pad, body support, and harness covers are machine washable. It’s portable and lightweight. With one loop belt guide, it’s easy to position the car’s seat belt. The latch system makes it easy to install the seat.
#2 Graco 4Ever Infant To Toddler 4 in 1 Car Seat
- Safety: 9.6/10
- Material: 9.7/10
- Adjustability: 9.4/10
- Size: 9.7/10
- Other features: 9.7/10
- Material: Metal and plastic
- Size: 20 x 21.5 x 24 Inches (L x W x H)
- Orientation: Rear-facing
- Seat Type: harness and booster seat
- Weight capacity: 4 to 120 pounds
The feature that grabbed my attention was this seat is a 4-in-1 car seat. It quickly transforms from rear-facing to forward-facing, high back to backless as your child grows. It will not be wrong to say that this car seat grows with the child. While transforming as the child’s age increases, the seat’s weight capacity also increases from 4 pounds to 120 pounds. This car seat is useful till my kids turn ten years old; hence it is a long-lasting product.
- Protects the kids from all crashes from rollover to side, rear, or frontal.
- The headrest and harness system is easily adjustable in up to 10 positions.
- The kids can easily recline on the chair, offering six reclining positions.
- It’s pretty easy to remove the cover for washing without uninstalling the seat.
- It’s easy to remove the harness to put the baby in or out.
- The metal and plastic pasts are challenging and easy to maintain.
- Some users faced difficulty tightening the latch system, but mine worked perfectly.
- Some users complained that their kids had difficulty sleeping in the seat.
- It’s not easy to install the seat. It takes time and effort.
Features In Detail
- Safety: The car seat has ProtectPlus engineered technology. This means that it has been tried and tested and undergone the most rigorous crash test before being put up on the market. Also, it protects the kids from all types of crashes, from rollover to side, rear, and frontal. Hence I feel safe for my kids when they travel in Graco 4ever car seats.
- Material: the seat mainly comprises strong metal and plastic material. These materials ensure its sturdiness and long life. It keeps the seat in its place even after any substantial impact. And since I have plans to use it till my kids turn ten, this feature was a must.
- Adjustability: I could easily adjust the seat in the reclining position for my little one as it offers six reclining positions. Also, the headrest is adjustable to 10 comfortable positions, thus ensuring extra comfort while long drives. Also, the seats are adjustable from rear-facing to forward-facing, high back to backless as your child grows.
- Size: I could easily install two seats at the ear of my Q5. The seats are wide enough for my kids to sit comfortably. Also, the height of the backrest is perfect for my eldest child.
- Other features: the seat comes with an integrated belt lock-off that ensures safety. It also comes with two cup holders to keep the drinks of your little ones near them. The rapid remover cover is easily removable and washable.
You might like to read: 6 Best Car Seat For 2 Door Jeep Wrangler
#3 Cosco Finale Dx 2-In-1 Combination Booster Car Seat
- Safety: 9.2/10
- Material: 9.1/10
- Adjustability: 9/10
- Size: 9.3/10
- Other features: 9.4/10
- Material: plastic and fabric
- Size: 18.25 x 19 x 29.75 inches (L x W x H)
- Orientation: Forward facing
- Seat Type: combination booster
- Weight capacity: 30 to 100 pounds
My friend uses these car seats for her Q5, and since she has three kids, she can easily install three seats at the rear of the car. The seat’s sleek design is its USP. She was pretty happy with its performance and how it holds up with her three kids. She also told me that she often changes her car, and it’s pretty easy to install and uninstall these seats; plus, it is lightweight.
- The seat is great for growing families as you can install three seats at the rear of your vehicle.
- It comes with a cup holder which can be used on any side of the seat and is dishwasher safe.
- The upholstery material is pretty comfortable hence keeping kids calm.
- It is lightweight and sleek in design.
- It offers 2-in-1 mode, i.e., belt-positioning booster mode and forward-facing car seat.
- It supports weights from 30 to 100 pounds.
- The fabric is easy to clean and machine washable.
- It meets the Federal Safety Standards.
- Some parents complained that the straps are tight and limited for their kids.
- The seat does not have enough padding.
- The material is a bit flimsier than its counterparts.
Features In Detail
- Safety: The seat is safe for kids as it has passed all the safety measures. It exceeds the Federal Safety Standards and is perfect for installation in cars’ with kids.
- Material: the seat comprises sturdy fabric and plastic material, which stays in place even after an intense drive. Also, the material is long-lasting to use for years. My friend has been using it for the past four years and still has no complaints regarding the material.
- Adjustability: It is easy to adjust the seat in the car, and you can change it into a belt-positioning turbo mode or forward-facing car seat as and when required without any hassle. Also, the cup holder is adjustable. You can place it on any side of the seat.
- Size: The seat is sleek in design yet perfect for an adult child. It also fits on the Audi Q5 without any hassle.
- Other features: the fabric of the seat is easy to clean as it is machine washable. It is lightweight and portable hence easy to install from one car to another.
#4 Evenflo Tribute 5 2-in1 Convertible Car Seat
- Safety: 8.9/10
- Material: 8.7/10
- Adjustability: 8.6/10
- Size: 8.7/10
- Other features: 8.6/10
- Material: polyester, metal, and plastic
- Size: 18.5 x 22 x 25.5 Inches (L x W x H)
- Orientation: Convertible
- Weight capacity: 5 to 40 pounds
The Evenflo car seat is one of the most affordable car seats on my list. It is full of features and is convertible, lightweight, and compact, and all this comes at a very reasonable price point. Also, it is suitable for kids from 16 months to 6 years. Hence I found it perfect for my youngest child.
- It has a maximum weight limit of 40 pounds.
- It is a lightweight car seat and can be quickly taken from one car to another at just 9 pounds.
- It is an FAA-approved car seat.
- The car seat is very compact; hence you can easily place three seats at the rear of your car if you have three kids.
- You can carry it on planes since it is FAA-approved, lightweight, and compact. It easily fits in an economy class seat.
- The seat is easy to clean and maintain.
- It comes with easy and simple harness adjustments.
- It has cleared all the side-impact tests.
- The seat pad is removable, and you can wash it in the washing machine.
- It is only suitable for kids till age six; hence you will have to spend again on a car seat as your child grows.
- Also, its maximum weight capacity is very low at 40 pounds only.
Features In Detail
- Safety: the seat is FAA approved; hence I am rest assured that it will keep my kids safe during long and rough drives. Also, it has cleared all the side-impact tests hence making it even safer.
- Material: The material of the seat is ideal for lasting till your child reaches six years of age. So I would say it’s not as sturdy and long-lasting as the material of its counterparts. However, the price you pay for it justifies the material and its quality.
- Adjustability: the seat is helpful as a rear-facing for infants and forward-facing for adult kids, and it’s easy to adjust in these two modes. It comes with a latch system for safely placing the seat in the correct position. Also, the harness is adjustable.
- Size: the size of the seat is perfect to fit in an Audi Q5. Also, its size is ideal for kids from 16months to 6 years. They can sit on it the whole day without any hassle.
- Other features: the seat fabric is breathable and comes with an infant insert pillow. Its expiration date comes after ten years of usage. Four-shoulder harness grows with a child. It also comes with a removable head pillow for added comfort for the child. Finally, it also comes with a removable cup holder, which can be placed on either of the sides as per the convenience.
You might like to read: 6 Best Car Seat For Dodge Ram Quad Cab
#5 Britax One4Life All-in-One Car Seat
- Safety: 8/10
- Material: 7.9/10
- Adjustability: 7.8/10
- Size: 7.6/10
- Other features: 7.5/10
- Material: alloy steel
- Size: 20.5 x 19.5 x 25 inches (L x W x H)
- Orientation: Rear facing
- Seat type: convertible, booster
- Weight capacity: 5 to 120 pounds
Britax car seat was the easiest to install amongst the ones mentioned earlier. It’s no hassle color-coded belt paths help install the seat instantly. Also, it comes with all the necessary labels to install the seat in the car and on the plane, along with the user’s manual, which makes the task a lot simpler. Hence, I am in total awe of its installation process.
- You can position the headrest in 15 comfortable positions of your choice.
- The reinforced steel gives it a strong build.
- The seat cover is easily removable and machine washable.
- The seat has gone through all the safety tests and is FAA approved.
- It has a ten years long life.
- It offers three seating modes booster, back forward, and front forward.
- The harness cover should be a bit thinner.
- The color codes were not very bright on the labels.
Features In Detail
- Safety: the seats are made of steel frame, EPS foam, and SafeCell Technology; hence, they meet all federal safety standards. With the help of anti-rebound bars, any high impact can be lessened. The top tether reduces any risk of head injuries. Hence I am very happy with all these security features that assure my kids will be safe in the car.
- Material: the reinforced steel is the heart of the seat and gives it a strong build. It can withstand even the toughest of the impacts and will keep your kids safe. Other plastics and upholstery materials are also up to mark, and like me, you will face no issues with them.
- Adjustability: the headrest can be adjusted in 15 comfortable positions. The seat is transferable into three modes, and the harness is adjustable. Hence your child will sit comfortably throughout the journey.
- Size: The size is perfect to fit in an Audi Q5, and the overall seat size is ideal for growing kids.
- Other features: It comes with ventilated mesh cooling and two cup holders for added comfort. The cover is removable, and you can position the seat in 9 different reclining positions. All these extra features make it a great purchase.
You might like to read: How To Choose The Best Car Seat For Jeep Compass (Reviews & Buyer’s Guide)
My Top 3 Picks
Car seats will keep your kids safe and comfortable during long journeys; hence you must buy one. With a car seat, I can rest assured that my kids are safe and having a good time at the back. Let me highlight three options as a final summary of my review:
The best option is the Graco 3 In 1 Harness Booster Seat. This is because the seat comes with some fantastic adjustable features to look upon. First of all, the seat is suitable for kids from toddlers to youth. Accordingly, it supports the weight also. The headrest is adjustable in 8 positions for added comfort for long drives.
The Graco 4Ever Infant To Toddler 4 in 1 Car Seat is another great choice. The car seat has ProtectPlus engineered technology. This means that it has been tried and tested and undergone the most rigorous crash test before being put up on the market. Also, it protects the kids from all types of crashes, from rollover to side, rear, and frontal.
If you are looking for a value for money option, you can also consider the Evenflo Tribute 5 2-in1 Convertible Car Seat, which offers great features at a very reasonable price point.